Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sew Fun!

Nat and I had another wonderful weekend. We look forward to the weekends even more now that we are married, knowing that we get to share them together! Both Nat and I feel so blessed to be where the Lord has placed us right now. Yes, I have struggles at work, and adjusting to married like isn't always easy (though we really can't complain) but we are both just so happy!

On Friday we shared dinner with some of our dear friends. It was our second "Quad-Date" (Four couples). The boys grilled out the meat, while the ladies talked about honeymoons, weddings, and babies. It was a wonderful time shared by all. Nat and I cooked twice baked mashed potatoes, that turned out to be Delicious!! I always enjoy a cooking success.

Saturday morning I got up and went shopping with my sister-in-law, Erin, and her two precious daughters, Katelyn and Elizabeth. To Katelyn's excitement we were shoe shopping. Katelyn. Loves. Shoes. She was quickly out of her stroller and marveling at all the shoes each store had to offer. Jens is in trouble, this girl has a passion for shoes.  The trip was successful, Erin bought some Sperry's, and I'm pretty sure Katelyn was happy, even though she left empty handed.

After a day full of chores, and a quick game of Rummikub (yes we are already an old married couple!) Nat and I headed out to the drive-in movies with some couples from church. The  car was packed with plenty of blankets, pillows, candy, and drinks.. and when we got there stocked up on even more junk food to complete the experience. We saw True Grit, and The Dilemma. Nat will have to speak for True Grit, I fell asleep. But The Dilemma was funny! And more importantly we had a lot of fun hanging out with our fun friends.

Sunday after church (Which we are LOVING) we went over to our friends Matt and Jessi's (really original, huh?) house. The girls were having a "sewing party" and the guys were going to play football. Afterwards we all had burgers and hung out. I was expecting to just be a spectator at the sewing party, considering I have not sewed anything since my high school apparel class. But while at the fabric store I just got that itch to be creative! So I came home with the materials to make two throw pillows for our couch. Did we need two throw pillows? No, but you can never have too many, right? So anyways, I ended up loving sewing! I had two great teachers to help (Jessi and Tindell), and the pillows actually ended up being pretty cute! Well, from far away, just don't look close or you can see all the errors.. :) It was fun, and Nat even likes the pillows!!

Nat- Sewing machine for valentines day?





No comments:

Post a Comment